Make sure that your personal belongings are covered by appropriate insurance. Brescia University does not assume responsibility for your personal belongings. Pamphlets to purchase Student Theft and Fire Insurance are available from the Office of Residence Life or by going to National Student Services, Inc.
- Automatic washers and dryers
- Beds and Mattress (Extra-Long)
- Desk and Chair
- Built-in dressers and closets
What Not to Bring:
- Do Not bring a water mattress.
- Do Not bring any extension cords without a UL approved breaker.
- Do Not bring a microwave oven.
- Do Not bring a refrigerator larger than 4.5 cubic feet.
- Do Not bring any pets, other than fish. (There is a 10-Gallon limit on aquariums.)
- Do Not bring halogen lamps.
- Do Not bring firearms or weapons, including toy, replica, and/or hunting.
- Do Not bring candles, incense, charcoal or any other combustible materials.
- Do NOT bring any space heaters.
Microwaves are available in the kitchenettes and lobbies throughout the halls. Students are not permitted to have a personal microwave in their room.
Necessary Items to Bring:
- Mattress Pad (Extra-Long)
- Alarm Clock
- Desk lamp, light bulbs
- Desk Blotter
- Laundry bag/ basket and detergent
- Pillow(s), Sheets (x-long), blanket(s), bedspread
- Towels, washcloths
- Personal Toiletries
- Shower Caddy
- Umbrella/Rain Gear
- Academic Supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, stapler, file folders, etc.)
Suggested Items to Bring:
- Surge Protectors
- Iron/ Ironing Board
- Shower Shoes/Shower Caddy
- Sports Equipment
- Sticky Tack or 3M strips (for hanging posters, etc.)
- Radio/Stereo/Television/DVD Player
- Carpet/Throw Rug(s)
- Small Fan
- Mugs, Cups, Glasses, Eating Utensils, etc.
- Can Opener
- Duct Tape (for taping down cables)
- Sewing Kit/First Aid Kit
NOTE: There are two (2) computer jacks per room