Brescia University, through its BUonline Program, offers an accelerated online certificate completion program in accounting that can fit the need of anyone interested in studying accounting. Academic certificate programs at Brescia are designed for persons who wish to enhance professional development or employment opportunities.
The certificate in accounting completion program allows you to:
- Satisfy the educational requirements needed to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam*
- Gain the knowledge to seek employment opportunities in accounting-related careers
- Earn transfers credits to apply to your current college program
- BUonline undergraduate tuition and online course fee has been frozen until spring 2022.
Requirements for the Program
Those taking accounting courses to prepare for the CPA or as transfer credits do not have any requirements to be eligible to take courses. Those pursuing a certificate in accounting must have:
- A 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
You can choose to take any or all of the accounting courses without attaining a certificate, but you must be in the certificate program.
People with accounting experience can obtain the following jobs:
- Staff or payroll accountant
- Government auditor
- Business manager
- Tax and financial adviser
- Financial/budget analyst
- Business owner along with many additional options
* Educational requirements can vary from state-to-state. Also, the education requirements to sit for the CPA exam are different from the requirements to apply for the CPA certificate. Therefore, these specific requirements should be individually confirmed by the student for the state where they live or will practice.