The Brescia Chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success, also known as Sigma Alpha Pi, held their induction ceremony took place on Brescia’s campus on April 20, 2013. There were 18 students inducted. Those students are as follows: Emily Adkins, Derek Austin, Kayleigh Bowlds, Victoria Boyette, Carleigh Bright, Patricia Crespo, Bryceann Cutsinger, Shelby Goff, Chandra Harry, Katherine Jones, Paige Mingus, Nicole Ralph, Alexxis Ross-Logan, Allison Simpson, Whitney Watson, Julianna Whitfill, Jacob Whitfill, and Dustin Wilcox. In order to achieve induction into the society, students had to fulfill several requirements designed to foster leadership learning and assist students in achieving their goals.
Additionally, faculty and staff were nominated and selected by Sigma Alpha Pi members to receive awards in three categories:
Excellence in Teaching
Awarded to up to three faculty members who:
- Teach with passion and inspires students beyond the classroom, and who;
- Demonstrate dedication to developing students beyond academic qualifications, and who;
- Make a positive difference in the lives of Society members.
This year’s Excellence in Teaching award recipients are: Dr. Craig Barrette, David Bartholomy, and Dr. Daniel Kuntz.
Excellence in Service to Students
Awarded to up to three staff members who:
- Exemplify leadership and mentorship on our campus, and who;
- Demonstrate commitment to bettering the lives of students.
This year’s Excellence in Service to Students award recipients are: Britton Hibbitt, Tom Pope, and Kenny Short.
Awarded to up to three staff or faculty members, administrators or local businesspersons who:
- Embody the Society mission: “Building leaders to make a better world,” and who;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in a personal or professional capacity.
This year’s Honorary Membership award recipients are: Todd Brock, Jason Cox, and Jeff Rudnik.