If you have a bachelor’s degree in any field and are interested in management, then the Master of Science in Management (MSM) online degree program is for you!
The Online MSM is a 2-year, 32 credit-hour program designed to provide early and mid-career professionals with enhanced skills and abilities to prepare them for social and ethical responsibility. The online MSM degree carries on Brescia’s strong commitment to teaching and the creation of a highly participative and dynamic environment where faculty and students interact and collaborate.
- International Perspective
Even the smallest companies are becoming intensely aware of the global marketplace. That is why two courses are devoted to awareness of global competitive strategies and global economics.
- Group Dynamics and Case Study Approach
You will work in teams with your peers to solve real-world problems. Study groups use real-life business cases to help simulate today’s work environment and learn how to maximize a group’s ability to provide solutions.
- Outstanding Faculty
Brescia’s reputation for business education is unrivaled in the region. Faculty members assume several major roles with online MSM candidates. As instructors and role models, they are available to advise and consult candidates about their professional and personal development as leaders and managers.
- Accelerated Format
Classes are offered in a flexible and convenient online format, giving you access when you need it. Two courses, each lasting only eight weeks, are available every semester, enabling you to complete your degree as quickly as in two years.
One of the hottest topics in business today is the need for ethical managers and decision makers. Brescia University recognized this need in 1992 when it first designed the MSM program. You will benefit from the university’s long liberal arts tradition extended to the online learning community.
Compare Brescia University’s quality and faculty diversity, its convenience of scheduling and strength of coursework to any other online graduate business degree program, and you will see that the MSM program at Brescia University offers a great value.
MSM Program Admission Requirements
Evaluation of applicants is based on undergraduate and graduate (if any) work, Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores, and supervisory work experience. These criteria are consistent with defined primary indicators of high promise of success in post-graduate business study.
Each MSM applicant must submit to the Brescia University Admissions Office:
- A completed MSM application;
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended;
- A transcript showing a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above for the undergraduate degree;
- Evidence of completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Brescia University’s Office of Admissions. An applicant must have a total of at least 900 points based on the formula: 200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score; or have at least 1300 points based on the formula 200 times the overall GPA plus the GRE scores;
- Non-native English speakers must also submit a TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 100;
The application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee upon receipt of all required materials. An applicant who meets the above criteria may be accepted unconditionally into the degree program.
Applicants failing to meet the minimum admissions requirements will be considered on an individual basis by the Admissions Committee and the Director of the MSM Program, who may recommend one of the following:
- Grant admission as a regular MSM student;
- Grant admission as a non-degree student (refer to the next paragraph); or
- Deny admission.
Non-Matriculated (Non-Degree) Students: Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 6 credit hours or enrollment.