Brescia University hosted the 31st annual Juried High School Art Exhibition through the month of November and the beginning of December. Area high schools from a 150 mile radius where invited to participate. Brescia received 312 entries and exhibited 71 works of art.
An awards reception will take place on Friday, December 10. For each category, the juror’s choices, and the President’s Choice, the recipient will receive a $50 check. The Best of Show award recipient will receive $200.
The categories, name of the award winners, the name of the work of art, and the high school they represent are listed below:
• Painting: Lauren Longest, Study of Pears, Evansville North
• Crafts: Brian Kaetzel, Hang 10, North Posey
• Drawing: Araceli Garcia, Papa’s House, Forest Park
• Photography: Elizabeth Grant, All I Can Think About, Grayson County
• Printmaking: Emmy Jennings, As a Whole, Barren County
• Ceramics: Nicole Woolston, Night Light, North Posey
• Sculpture: Ashley Stamps, Time to Bloom, Muhlenberg County West
• Mixed Media: Lathan Vargason, Hunted, Hancock County
• Graphic Design: Samantha Alsop, Don’t Hurt Me, Mt. Vernon
Juror’s Choice 1: Rachael Smith, At the Breakfast Table, McLean County
Juror’s Choice 2: Jessica Raley, Decomposition, Ohio County
Best of Show: Jenna Rueger, Flow, Mt. Vernon
President’s Choice Award: Elliott Shipley, Buttercups, Barren County
For more information, please contact David Stratton, professor of art, at 270-686-4270 or email@example.com.