So you are graduating soon and wondering what’s next? For some students, continuing their education is an excellent choice! If you are interested in continuing your education by obtaining a Master’s degree, or if you are coming back to school in search of an even higher degree (PhD., EdD., JD, etc.) you can find information about several different institutions and degree programs below!
- Bellarmine University
- Brescia University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Indiana University
- Murray State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- University of Kentucky
- University of Louisville
- University of Southern Indiana
- Western Kentucky University
Online Master’s Programs:
Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on job experience, network with industry leaders, and find out what exactly you would like to do following graduation. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
Interested in pursuing an internship for course credit? Career Services will begin accepting paperwork for Spring 2019 internships in late September! For more information, contact Morgan Russelburg, Director of Career Services at: [email protected]
- Research and Development Intern at Swedish Match: General lab technician responsibilities will include weighing samples for analysis, glassware cleaning, and grinding tobacco samples. A student seeking a degree in chemistry or biology. Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st shift, 40 hours per week, starting in late-May and will last for approximately three months. Hourly rate: $12.00. If interested, please send résumé to [email protected]dishmatch.com.
- YMCA Marketing Intern: Applicants should have experience with marketing and communications, especially social media. This internship will come with a variety of duties within the marketing field. Interested applicants should reply to this email for further information.
- Junior Achievement Program Assistant Intern: Duties/Responsibilities: Including clerical duties such as database entries, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, compiling monthly newsletter for volunteers, teaching Junior Achievement programs in K-8 grades, help with event planning & fundraising , assessment development with pretest and post test data. Qualifications: Candidate will be a current undergraduate or Master’s degree candidate working toward a degree in education, business, nonprofit management, or another related field. Required- Ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and be computer literate in Windows 7 or higher, Microsoft Office program. Candidate needs to have a flexible schedule. Interested candidates should reply to this email for further information.
For more information about Internship Opportunities, please contact Career Services (270) 686-4268
Part-Time Employment Opportunities:
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash, or get your feet wet in the job world, a part-time position is a great place to start. Below you will find a list of current employers looking for YOU! (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Social Media Assistant at Ohio Valley Ag: Ohio Valley Ag is seeking a student to work 3-4 hours per week to update our website and our social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter ensuring uniform content across all accounts. Background in marketing or IT experience recommended. Computer skills are a must. Hours are flexible. Pay is negotiable. Send resume to Ohio Valley Ag, P.O. Box 21159, Owensboro, KY 42304
- Childcare: First Presbyterian Church is looking for someone to help in their childcare facility on Sunday’s from 9am-11:30am. The pay rate is $30 per Sunday. Interested applicants should have some childcare experience and be comfortable working with children ages infant to three years old. Please contact Nancy Harrison at 270-316-1846 for more information and to schedule an interview.
- Tennis Court Receptionist: Three Twenty Three staffing solutions is looking to hire a tennis court receptionist for the local indoor tennis courts. The hours of the position are Saturday 8am-4pm and Sunday 12pm-6pm. This person could also be filling in during the week as needed. The hourly pay rate is $9.50. Interested applicants should apply at the Three Twenty Three Staffing Solutions office located at 2817 Veach Road or call at 270-240-1010.
- Girl Scouts Program Instructor (summer): Camp Pennyroyal is seeking a Program Instructor for our Troop Camp Plus program, which runs Thursdays through Saturdays for six weeks in June and July. Troop Camp Plus provides the opportunity for Girl Scout troops to experience traditional summer camp activities as a group. The Program Instructor facilitates activities for all ages including archery, teams course, swimming, and boating. Program Instructors should be energetic, upbeat professionals who want to help build girls of courage, confidence and character. Regular schedule: Thursdays-Saturdays 9-5 with lunch break June 14-July 21. Interested candidates should respond to this email.
- Alorica: Alorica is seeking college students to assist with daily operations. Alorica does offer tuition reimbursement to qualifying student employees. If interested please contact Elizabeth Brooks at [email protected].
- State Farm Insurance, Ryan Vincent: Ryan is looking for part-time callers for his agency. Callers would be contacting potential new clients from provided call lists. If interested, please reach out to Ryan at 270-684-2081.
Are you a senior, recent graduate, or Brescia alum looking for your first career move, or maybe looking for your next step? Below you will find links to current full-time positions in and around the Owensboro community. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- No opportunities currently available to list
You may wish to browse the sites of particular employers in which you are interested for current openings. Below you will find links to National, State & Regional job databases. Have your resume ready to post!
- Focus Career Job
- Career Builder
- Greater-Owensboro Works!
- Green River Development District Works!
- NorthWest Kentucky Works!
- Kentucky Works!
- Indiana Career Connect
- Tennessee Jobs
- Illinois Job Network
Give Back! Volunteer and Community Service Opportunities:
Want to give back while you are in school? Or maybe you want to join a volunteer organization following graduation? Community service and working with local an/or national volunteer organizations are a great way to gain experience, while interacting with all different people, and giving back!