Career Services Resources
Calling all entrepreneurs! CO.STARTERS is an interactive, hands-on workshop style platform designed to help grow local business and develop rising student and professional leaders in our community. This 7-week program is a partnership between Brescia University, the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation and the Kentucky Innovation Network. Students are encouraged to take part, and help bring their visions to life! Applications for the Spring 2016 cohort are currently being accepted. Space is limited, so apply now!
So you are graduating soon and wondering what’s next? For some students, continuing their education is an excellent choice! If you are interested in continuing your education by obtaining a Master’s degree, or if you are coming back to school in search of an even higher degree (PhD., EdD., JD, etc.) you can find information about several different institutions and degree programs below!
Online Master’s Programs:
Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on job experience, network with industry leaders, and find out what exactly you would like to do following graduation. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Are you a junior or senior interested in Politics and looking for a Spring Internship?? AIKCU (The Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities) is now accepting applications for its Spring 2016 Frankfort Semester Internship program. Interns selected for this program with work on-site in Frankfort and take two upper-level courses. This is a paid internship. Applications are being accepted now through October 16th. For more information please visit http://www.aikcu.org/programs/frankfortsemesterinternships/ or see the attached flyer!
- First Liberty Financial Mortgage: They are currently looking for an accounting, finance, or business degree student to fill an intern position with their business office. The position will be part-time, 10-20 hours per week, minimum wage to start. The hours are flexible within our normal business hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Duties may include the following: answering the switchboard, accounts payable and receivables, running errands, and filing and scanning documents. Anyone interested in this opportunity may send their resume to my email, [email protected]
- GRADD (Green River ADD): Currently looking for a student intern to do data entry and work with the office’s social services programs. If interested, please contact Leslie Wilson, at 270-852-1329
- The Kentucky Knights (Professional Indoor Football Team): Looking for several student interns (with interest in Sports Marketing/Management, Social Media Marketing, or Event Planning) to join their team! They are providing a paid opportunity and students will have the chance to do a variety of marketing/planning/and networking duties. For more information, please visit their website: http://www.kentuckyknights.org/ and email Lisa Hinton (click on the “Get Involved” tab from the Home Page, and then select “Volunteer” or “Internships” from the drop down. Lisa also encouraged students interested to call her directly at 270-993-6323
- Theatre Workshop of Owensboro: Looking for two student interns, for information about the position please contact Executive Director, Todd Reynolds, at (270) 244-0927
- Yewell Law Firm: Looking to add another great Brescia student to their team; this position has the potential to become a part-time employment position. For more information, or to apply, please contact Judy Crowley at (270) 926-5305 or [email protected]
- Empire Supply: Looking for a student with a passion for sales and customer service. Please contact Chris Wink, President at (270) 691-0620 or [email protected]
- The Wilkins Agency: Please contact Tim Hood at (270) 245-1835 or [email protected]
- Cliff Hagan Boys and Girls Club: Please contact Ryan Bibb at (270) 685-4903, or at [email protected]
- Alltech Communications: Their team is looking for a full time public relations intern. If you are interested in this position please contact Susanna Elliott (Corporate PR Manger) at [email protected].
For more information about Fall 2015 Internship Opportunities, please contact Career Services (270) 686-4268
Part-Time Employment Opportunities:
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash, or get your feet wet in the job world, a part-time position is a great place to start. Below you will find a list of current employers looking for YOU! (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Daviess County Public Schools: Hiring for their housekeeping department. The position is 40 hrs/wk. and pays $10/hr. The hours fall under 2nd shift (2:30-11pm. If interested in the position, please contact David Humphrey, Director of Maintenance and Operations at 270-852-7060
- Shoe Stop: Hiring for a Medical Billing position. This position is part-time (28 hours/wk.) with the potential for full-time. High school diploma with relevant experience or an associates degree in business or related field required. For consideration, please submit your resume to Shoe Stop, located at 4650 Frederica Street.
- Shoe Stop: Hiring for an Office Assistant in their Accounting Office. This position is part-time (28 hours/wk.) with the potential for full-time. High school diploma with relevant experience or an associates degree in business or related field required. For consideration, please submit your resume to Shoe Stop, located at 4650 Frederica Street.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company: Still looking for a full-time and part-time Merchandiser. Please contact the Career Services Office to obtain an application!
- Holiday Inn Riverfront: Hiring for a part-time desk worker (for the 3pm-11pm shift) and a Night Auditor (11pm-7am). They are flexible with student schedules and allow students to work on homework during down time! Students interested can apply in person at the front desk!
- ON-CAMPUS OPPORTUNITY with Brescia Dining Services (Canteen): Hiring for Cafe Help! For a complete position description and to complete an online application, please visit the Canteen Website here
- IMMEDIATE NEED! Trinity United Methodist: Hiring for a part-time nursery worker, flexible with school schedules. If interested please contact Phyllis Ellis at 270-684-7950
- March of Dimes: Looking for motivated college students! For more information call Amy, at 270-993-7789
- WalMart (on Frederica St.) Apply in person or online here.
- Daramic LLC: Hiring part-time lab tech, contact their Human Resource Department for more information at (270) 683-1561
- Lowes Hiring part-time staff, flexible hours. To apply log on to http://www.lowes.com/careers
- Wendell Foster: Looking to fill a payroll accountant position. Specifically looking for students with accounting/payroll experience. If interested, or for more information, please contact Sherry Martin at 270-683-4517
Are you a senior, recent graduate, or Brescia alum looking for your first career move, or maybe looking for your next step? Below you will find links to current full-time positions in and around the Owensboro community. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Catholic Parish Coordinator (Campbell County, KY). Through Sawyer Contracting, LLC. Applicant must be able to function as a Lay Eucharistic Minister in the Catholic Church and be certified as a Religious education (RE) Catechist with the AMS (American Military Services), USA. For more information, or to apply, please contact Anne Rose at [email protected] or by phone at (407) 602-7780, ext. 102
- Regional Placement Coordinator (with Bluegrass.org): Bluegrass.org is looking to add a local coordinator that will work as part of a team to assist in locating and identifying the most appropriate out-of-home placements for state committed children. Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or other human-related service required. To apply, please visit http://www.bluegrass.org/careeropportunities
- Director of Religious Education (DRE) with St. Peter of Alcantara Parish in Stanley, KY. Any interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to: St. Peter of Alcantara Parish Religious Ed Committee, 81 Church Street, Owensboro, KY 42301. Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
- EBN Construction and Industrial Supplies: Looking for an outside sales position that would operate within Owensboro and surrounding areas. To apply, mail or fax your resume and cover letter to EBN Human Resources Department- 435 E. 14th Street, Owensboro, KY 42303. Fax: 270-684-0866
- Owensboro Daviess County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experiences )
Additional Job-Search Resources
You may wish to browse the sites of particular employers in which you are interested for current openings. Below you will find links to National, State & Regional job databases. Have your resume ready to post!
Give Back! Volunteer and Community Service Opportunities:
Want to give back while you are in school? Or maybe you want to join a volunteer organization following graduation? Community service and working with local an/or national volunteer organizations are a great way to gain experience, while interacting with all different people, and giving back! H