Career Services Resources
So you are graduating soon and wondering what’s next? For some students, continuing their education is an excellent choice! If you are interested in continuing your education by obtaining a Master’s degree, or if you are coming back to school in search of an even higher degree (PhD., EdD., JD, etc.) you can find information about several different institutions and degree programs below!
Online Master’s Programs:
Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on job experience, network with industry leaders, and find out what exactly you would like to do following graduation. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
Internships for COURSE CREDIT for the Fall 2016 semester have closed, however, this list will continue to be updated with opportunities for outside experiences, and Spring 2017 positions beginning August 2016
- Specialty Food Group (Sales/Marketing Intern): This is a PAID position for a Junior or Senior at SFG here in Owensboro for the upcoming Fall semester. The student will directly assist the VP of Sales and Marketing with a range of projects. Must be willing to give up to 20 hours per week between the hours of 8am-5pm. Pay ranges between $12 -$14 per hour depending on experience. Submit resume to [email protected]
For more information about Internship Opportunities, please contact Career Services (270) 686-4268
Part-Time Employment Opportunities:
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash, or get your feet wet in the job world, a part-time position is a great place to start. Below you will find a list of current employers looking for YOU! (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- First Baptist Owensboro (Preschool Worker): Currently looking for a student who can fill an immediate opening on Sunday (mornings and evenings) and Wednesday nights in the Preschool Ministry. This individual will be responsible for working with, caring for, and monitoring children ages newborn-5. This includes feeding, changing diapers, putting children down for naps, sitting/holding, and playing with children; individual will also help organize activities and maintain a safe and clean environment. Pay is $8.50/hr. For questions, or to apply, please contact Julie Dunn, FBC Interim Preschool Director: [email protected]
- Gene’s Health Foods (Customer Service Rep): Looking to fill several part-time positions. 15-20 hours per week, and two Saturdays each month are required. To apply, please visit the storefront located at: 1738 Sweeney Street here in Owensboro.
- Over the Rainbow Childcare (IMMEDIATE HIRE NEED): This childcare facility is located downtown Owensboro at: 411 West 4th Street and is looking to hire students immediately to fill both part-time and full-time care-taker positions. Responsibilities include a full range of care and supervision being given to the children (ages newborn-3 years). Must comply with a background check, TB testing, and routine training period. Pay starts at $8.25/hr. and bumps to $9/hr. once training is completed. They are VERY willing to work around class schedules. Their hours are M-F, 6:30am-6pm NO HOLIDAYS OR WEEKENDS. If you would like to apply, please visit the facility in-person Tuesday-Friday and ask for Kenneth Keller. They recommend stopping by between noon and 1:30 (that is the children’s nap time so the staff are able to devote for time to getting to know you!) For questions about the position(s), please call 270-684-6309.
- Fresh Ideas (Brescia University Dining—ON CAMPUS WORK): Fresh Ideas is hiring students for the Dining Hall! The primary need is for cashiers, which is a flexible position around most class times. Other opportunities, including catering, are also available. Check out these opportunities for on-campus work! Employment is directly with Fresh Ideas, not through Brescia work study. International students are eligible to work with Fresh Ideas on your student visa since they are on-campus. For more information check out their website http://www.freshideasfood.com/bresciadining/student-employment/ or contact Don Brown, Director of Dining Services, 270-686-2184.
- Yewell Law, LLC (Runner Position): The law firm is looking for a past-time assistant. Ideally looking for a college student to work in the afternoons and every other Saturday morning. The position is for a runner who will make deliveries, do pickups, relieve the receptionist at times, and various other duties assigned to him/her by the attorneys and legal assistants. A driver’s license and transportation is required. Currently our runner works from around 3:00 to 5:00 or 5:30 daily, and every other Saturday from 8:30 to 12:00, but that is somewhat flexible to account for college schedules, etc. If interested in this position, please contact me directly and I will get you in touch with the firm.
- Carpet’s Unlimited: Hiring students for part-time work in sales, order entry, purchasing, and general marketing. Ideal candidates possess knowledge in Microsoft Office (for business), the ability to multi-task, and excellent customer service skills. For more information, please see flyer attached above OR TO APPLY: email resume to [email protected] or [email protected] OR drop off resume in person at storefront, located at 100 Salem Drive.
- Girl’s Inc. (BOTH Owensboro Locations): There is a great opportunity available for any students interested in working with younger students in our community. Girls Inc. (both locations in Owensboro) are now hiring for afterschool staff. These individuals are responsible for supervising members, facilitating group sessions and activities, and providing peer mentorship. For more information about hours, pay, and responsibilities, see the attached flyer. To apply, please contact Courtney Calhoun, Campus Manager, at 270-684-7833, via email at [email protected] or stop by the Girls Inc. location at 2130 E. 19th Street to pick up an application!
Are you a senior, recent graduate, or Brescia alum looking for your first career move, or maybe looking for your next step? Below you will find links to current full-time positions in and around the Owensboro community. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Worship Leader (First United Methodist Church–Henderson, KY):Job Description: Worship leader for an early Sunday morning praise service in Henderson, KY.Qualifications: Technical skills to lead the worship team musically and the heart to lead the congregation spiritually. Estimated time requirement: 10-15 hrs/wk. Desired skills (but not required): video slide preparation, direct sound & lighting. Full-time Option (not required): Worship & Youth Leader. First United Methodist Church: newly renovated facilities, excellent worship space, and congregation desiring to grow in worship.How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
- Director of Youth Ministries (First United Methodist Church–Henderson, KY):Job Description: Director of Youth Ministries to be responsible for the youth program – 6th – 12th Grades.Qualifications: The director needs to be Christ-centered leader, self-starter, creative, team player, good with youth, and able to recruit/direct volunteers. Time requirement: Either Part-Time or Full-Time. Full-time would include additional duties such as praise worship leader, college-age outreach, evangelism, and/or missions depending on the skill set and interests of the applicant. First United Methodist is an active, downtown church with newly renovated facilities and committed to growing strong youth ministry.How to Apply: Send letter and resume to: [email protected]
Additional Job-Search Resources
You may wish to browse the sites of particular employers in which you are interested for current openings. Below you will find links to National, State & Regional job databases. Have your resume ready to post!
Give Back! Volunteer and Community Service Opportunities:
Want to give back while you are in school? Or maybe you want to join a volunteer organization following graduation? Community service and working with local an/or national volunteer organizations are a great way to gain experience, while interacting with all different people, and giving back! H