Career Services Resources
So you are graduating soon and wondering what’s next? For some students, continuing their education is an excellent choice! If you are interested in continuing your education by obtaining a Master’s degree, or if you are coming back to school in search of an even higher degree (PhD., EdD., JD, etc.) you can find information about several different institutions and degree programs below!
Online Master’s Programs:
Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on job experience, network with industry leaders, and find out what exactly you would like to do following graduation. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
Interested in pursuing an internship for course credit? Career Services is now accepting paperwork for Spring 2017 Internships! To get started, contact Sarah Jackson, Director of Career Services at: [email protected]
**All paperwork must be submitted by Monday, November 14!**
- Specialty Food Group (Sales/Marketing Intern): This is a PAID position for a Junior or Senior at SFG here in Owensboro for the upcoming Fall semester. The student will directly assist the VP of Sales and Marketing with a range of projects. Must be willing to give up to 20 hours per week between the hours of 8am-5pm. Pay ranges between $12 -$14 per hour depending on experience. Submit resume to [email protected]
For more information about Internship Opportunities, please contact Career Services (270) 686-4268
Part-Time Employment Opportunities:
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash, or get your feet wet in the job world, a part-time position is a great place to start. Below you will find a list of current employers looking for YOU! (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Gene’s Health Foods (Customer Service Rep): Looking to fill several part-time positions. 15-20 hours per week, and two Saturdays each month are required. To apply, please visit the storefront located at: 1738 Sweeney Street here in Owensboro.
- Fresh Ideas (Brescia University Dining—ON CAMPUS WORK): Fresh Ideas is hiring students for the Dining Hall! The primary need is for cashiers, which is a flexible position around most class times. Other opportunities, including catering, are also available. Check out these opportunities for on-campus work! Employment is directly with Fresh Ideas, not through Brescia work study. International students are eligible to work with Fresh Ideas on your student visa since they are on-campus. For more information check out their website http://www.freshideasfood.com/bresciadining/student-employment/ or contact Don Brown, Director of Dining Services, 270-686-2184.
- Carpet’s Unlimited: Hiring students for part-time work in sales, order entry, purchasing, and general marketing. Ideal candidates possess knowledge in Microsoft Office (for business), the ability to multi-task, and excellent customer service skills. For more information, please see flyer attached above OR TO APPLY: email resume to [email protected] or [email protected] OR drop off resume in person at storefront, located at 100 Salem Drive.
- Girl’s Inc. (BOTH Owensboro Locations): There is a great opportunity available for any students interested in working with younger students in our community. Girls Inc. (both locations in Owensboro) are now hiring for afterschool staff. These individuals are responsible for supervising members, facilitating group sessions and activities, and providing peer mentorship. For more information about hours, pay, and responsibilities, see the attached flyer. To apply, please contact Courtney Calhoun, Campus Manager, at 270-684-7833, via email at [email protected] or stop by the Girls Inc. location at 2130 E. 19th Street to pick up an application!
- Colby’s Fine Food and Spirits (located @ 204 W. 3rd Street): Currently seeking part time servers and a part-time host/hostess. Flexible with school schedules, no prior serving and/or hostess experience is necessary. Server base wage is above the average at $2.50/hour plus tips. All Sundays and Major Holidays off! To apply: please stop by the restaurant (address listed above) M-F 2-4pm or early in the morning. Be sure to mention that you saw the post through Brescia’s Career Services Office!
- Colby’s Deli and Café (located @ 401 Frederica Street—WALKING DISTANCE FROM CAMPUS!): Currently seeking part-time person to assist staff at Colby’s Deli (Corporate Center). Flexible with school schedules, all Sundays and Major Holidays off! To apply: Stop by restaurant (address above) M-F 9-11am and be sure to mention that you saw the post through Brescia’s Career Services Office!
- Moore Malone & Safreed: This law firm has 5 attorneys and is seeking to fill a part-time position. The position is for a person who will act as a front desk receptionist / office assistant. They will answer phones, file documents at the Judicial Center, and various other duties assigned to him/her by the attorneys and legal assistants. A driver’s license and transportation is required. Typical hours will be from around 12:00 to 5:00pm daily, but that is somewhat flexible to account for schedules, etc. This position is an immediate opening hire. HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to Sherri Stevens: [email protected]
- Target (On Frederica St.): Target Mobile is hiring! Looking for a Wireless Team Member. To apply, please follow the link HERE. For questions or more information about the position, please contact Cynthia Leonardo (a current BU student). She said you may contact her via email at: [email protected] or via cell: 615-424-5536.
- Wendell Foster Center: Seeking an individual to serve in the role of Autism Program Aide with the Wendell Foster Center After School Program. The position is very limited hours each week, but could provide a little extra cash (it pays well, at $9.50/hr.), and some amazing experience for a student! To Apply, applicants can download the application and turn it back in, in person, at the Elmer Administration building, located at 815 Triplett Street. OR go to: www.wfcampus.org, click the employment tab and scroll all the way to the bottom and complete the online application.
- Staff Assistance-MAINTENANCE: This is a part-time staff position. Individual will be responsible for janitorial duties and other interior/exterior maintenance work. Approximately 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, and VERY flexible with student schedules. HOW TO APPLY: Stop by the Museum, located at 901 Frederica Street, and go to the deck off the 9th street parking lot and ring the doorbell to receive an application!
- *URGENT NEED* Personal Caregiver (Located in Owensboro): A local individual is looking for a caregiver to provide a range of services. I spoke with Matt and his mom today and they are wonderful people just looking for someone to fill this need! If you are interested, please contact Matthew ASAP or read the brief description below:
- Matthew is a 24-year old wheelchair user and currently employed as an engineer at Southern Star. He is seeking an individual to help him with the following: getting in an out of bed, showering, personal care (you must be able to lift 100 lbs.). He will also need help with meal prepping, laundry, and cleaning. He currently lives in the Twin Lakes subdivision. Pay is $9/hour with flexible hours (mainly morning and evening). For more information, email Matt directly at [email protected]
- First Security Bank (Part-Time Opportunity for Business/Finance/Accounting Major): Looking for a student who has at least 3 semesters of accounting and two semesters of finance coursework completed. Individual would need to be able to work up to 20 hours/week, and be proficient in Microsoft Office. The main job responsibilities include: spreading financial statements (i.e. use a software program that is Excel based containing multiple years of financial statements for comparative analysis); generate reports from that system; review appraisals based on a compliance check sheet, and assist with cash-flow analysis on deals in process. The pay would be $10/hr. For more information, or to apply, please send your resume directly to: [email protected]
- AIKCU Frankfort Internship (Spring 2017): Calling all Juniors and Seniors! If you are in need of an incredible internship opportunity, this might be the perfect fit for you! Applications are currently being accepted for AIKCU’s Spring 2017 Frankfort Internship, where students will work closely with government officials to learn the ins and outs of the legal system, and explore a career in public service! Students are provided with a $2.500 stipend for the semester. For more information, and instructions on how to apply, click here.
- Help At Home, Inc. (Located in Owensboro): Currently seeking individuals for both full and parttime Direct Support Professionals and a House Manager. This is a life-skills teaching and fullservice personal, mental, social, and behavioral support program. For more information, please see the ad above. Applicants must possess at least a high-school GED, and current driver’s license. *All necessary training is provided and paid for via Help At Home* To apply, please visit www.helpathome.com to complete an application, or contact Greg Henry, at 270-684-8415 for more information about the positions.
- Evansville Teacher FCU (Owensboro Member Service Rep/Teller): ETFCU is currently seeking an energetic Part-Time Member Service Representative/Teller to work between both the East Owensboro Office located at 2930 Wimsatt Court and the West Owensboro Office located at 2820 N. York Street. Candidates must be available to work up to 28 hours per week including Saturdays. The branch hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. Pay starts at $12.25/hour. If interested, please complete an application by visiting www.etfcu.org/careers . Please provide your school schedule (if applicable).
- BB&T Bank (Owensboro Locations): Currently looking for an On-Call Teller. Ideal candidate will have a high school diploma, or equivalent experience, excellent communication skills, ensuring superior customer service. Must be able to work during regular daytime business hours (with up to 40 hours a week for the first two weeks, with hours varying after that). To apply: please visit www.bbt.com/careers and type in Job Req. #43002BR
Are you a senior, recent graduate, or Brescia alum looking for your first career move, or maybe looking for your next step? Below you will find links to current full-time positions in and around the Owensboro community. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Worship Leader (First United Methodist Church–Henderson, KY):Job Description: Worship leader for an early Sunday morning praise service in Henderson, KY.Qualifications: Technical skills to lead the worship team musically and the heart to lead the congregation spiritually. Estimated time requirement: 10-15 hrs/wk. Desired skills (but not required): video slide preparation, direct sound & lighting. Full-time Option (not required): Worship & Youth Leader. First United Methodist Church: newly renovated facilities, excellent worship space, and congregation desiring to grow in worship.How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
- Director of Youth Ministries (First United Methodist Church–Henderson, KY):Job Description: Director of Youth Ministries to be responsible for the youth program – 6th – 12th Grades.Qualifications: The director needs to be Christ-centered leader, self-starter, creative, team player, good with youth, and able to recruit/direct volunteers. Time requirement: Either Part-Time or Full-Time. Full-time would include additional duties such as praise worship leader, college-age outreach, evangelism, and/or missions depending on the skill set and interests of the applicant. First United Methodist is an active, downtown church with newly renovated facilities and committed to growing strong youth ministry.How to Apply: Send letter and resume to: [email protected]
- Mortgage Specialists and Data Entry Specialists (Owensboro, KY): Robert Half is currently recruiting for Mortgage Specialists and Data Entry Specialists for a long-term project for our client, a large financial services company, located here in Owensboro, KY. This project is set to begin in October and is expected to be one year in duration. The project focuses on reconciling mortgage and loan data, as well as updating records and files. Candidates for these roles should be detail-oriented, proficient with computers, and comfortable in a high-volume production environment in which details, accuracy, and priorities are vital. Training will be provided by the client at the outset of the project and will continue throughout the project, on areas deemed necessary. Hours are M-F 8am-5pm, with pay between $9-12/hour. For immediate consideration, please send your resume in a MS Word attachment to [email protected]
Additional Job-Search Resources
You may wish to browse the sites of particular employers in which you are interested for current openings. Below you will find links to National, State & Regional job databases. Have your resume ready to post!
Give Back! Volunteer and Community Service Opportunities:
Want to give back while you are in school? Or maybe you want to join a volunteer organization following graduation? Community service and working with local an/or national volunteer organizations are a great way to gain experience, while interacting with all different people, and giving back! H