Career Services Resources
Calling all entrepreneurs! CO.STARTERS is an interactive, hands-on workshop style platform designed to help grow local business and develop rising student and professional leaders in our community. This 7-week program is a partnership between Brescia University, the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation and the Kentucky Innovation Network. Students are encouraged to take part, and help bring their visions to life! Applications for the fall 2015 cohort are currently being accepted. Space is limited, so apply now!
So you are graduating soon and wondering what’s next? For some students, continuing their education is an excellent choice! If you are interested in continuing your education by obtaining a Master’s degree, or if you are coming back to school in search of an even higher degree (PhD., EdD., JD, etc.) you can find information about several different institutions and degree programs below!
Online Master’s Programs:
Internships are a fantastic way to gain hands-on job experience, network with industry leaders, and find out what exactly you would like to do following graduation. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- CW Law Offices: Internship and potential part-time employment opportunity! For more information contact Charles Wible at 270-926-3377
- Yewell Law Firm: Looking to add another great Brescia student to their team; this position has the potential to become a part-time employment position. For more information, or to apply, please contact Judy Crowley at (270) 926-5305 or [email protected]
- Empire Supply: Looking for a student with a passion for sales and customer service. Please contact Chris Wink, President at (270) 691-0620 or [email protected]
- The Wilkins Agency: Please contact Tim Hood at (270) 245-1835 or [email protected]
- Cliff Hagan Boys and Girls Club: Please contact Ryan Bibb at (270) 685-4903, or at [email protected]
- Alltech Communications: Their team is looking for a full time public relations intern. If you are interested in this position please contact Susanna Elliott (Corporate PR Manger) at [email protected].
For more information about Fall 2015 Internship Opportunities, please contact Career Services (270) 686-4268
Part-Time Employment Opportunities:
If you are looking for a way to earn some extra cash, or get your feet wet in the job world, a part-time position is a great place to start. Below you will find a list of current employers looking for YOU! (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- IMMEDIATE NEED! Trinity United Methodist: Hiring for a part-time nursery worker, flexible with school schedules. If interested please contact Phyllis Ellis at 270-684-7950
- St. Pius X: Looking for part-time Youth Minister
- March of Dimes: Looking for motivated college students! For more information call Amy, at 270-993-7789
- Seeing Polka Dots Boutique: Seeking PT help and would love to hire college students! If interested contact Carol Reader at 270-240-4394
- SEVERAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE! Cliff Hagan Boys and Girls Club: Hiring for Program Aids for their after school program, which runs Monday-Friday 2:30-6:30. Program Aids are responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of our club members while providing homework help, fun activities to keep our kids engaged, serve as outstanding role models, and, above all else, ensure that the kids are having a great time while at the club. For more information please contact Director of Operations, Ryan Bibb, at (270) 685-4903 or [email protected]
- Once Upon A Time (Opening August 2015): Seeking sales associates, part-time, please send a resume and references to Dr. Carol Hulsey at [email protected] or call (270) 993-6799
- WalMart (on Frederica St.) Apply in person or online here.
- American Eagle Hiring part-time staff, flexible hours. Apply in store
- Daramic LLC: Hiring part-time lab tech, contact their Human Resource Department for more information at (270) 683-1561
- Lowes Hiring part-time staff, flexible hours. To apply log on to http://www.lowes.com/careers
- Ghost Con: Seeking a student with a passion for marketing and sales, this position is available immediately; marketing and promoting for a paranormal convention that will be coming to Owensboro in mid October. Commission based. Please contact Tom Lavery at (270) 315-8033 for more information
Are you a senior, recent graduate, or Brescia alum looking for your first career move, or maybe looking for your next step? Below you will find links to current full-time positions in and around the Owensboro community. (Note: This is an active, rolling list and will be updated weekly)
- Director of Ministry Development with All Saints Parish in Evansville, IN. This is a full time position that would report to the Administrator, Pastor, or Parish Life. Ideal candidate is a practicing Catholic who is positive, energetic, and self-motivated. Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in a related field plus three years of administrative/supervisory experience required. For more information email [email protected] DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPT. 15! To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] or mail to All Saints Parish, 704 N. 1st Avenue, Evansville, IN 47710
- Catholic Parish Coordinator (Campbell County, KY). Through Sawyer Contracting, LLC. Applicant must be able to function as a Lay Eucharistic Minister in the Catholic Church and be certified as a Religious education (RE) Catechist with the AMS (American Military Services), USA. For more information, or to apply, please contact Anne Rose at [email protected] or by phone at (407) 602-7780, ext. 102
- Director of Religious Education (DRE) with St. Peter of Alcantara Parish in Stanley, KY. Any interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to: St. Peter of Alcantara Parish Religious Ed Committee, 81 Church Street, Owensboro, KY 42301. Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
- Owensboro Daviess County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experiences )
Additional Job-Search Resources
You may wish to browse the sites of particular employers in which you are interested for current openings. Below you will find links to National, State & Regional job databases. Have your resume ready to post!
Give Back! Volunteer and Community Service Opportunities:
Want to give back while you are in school? Or maybe you want to join a volunteer organization following graduation? Community service and working with local an/or national volunteer organizations are a great way to gain experience, while interacting with all different people, and giving back! H