The Career Services Office at Brescia University, as part of the Student Development team, is dedicated to providing students with resources and opportunities to enhance their career exploration and development through self-evaluation, networking, mentoring and decision-making. Specific efforts providing continuous and individualized support to students with undecided majors and maximizing student internship and practical experiences in order to prepare each student to be successful following graduation in their careers
We have two main goals!
- To collaborate with colleagues, administrators, faculty, alumni, agencies, employers both inside and outside of the Owensboro community on projects that increase career awareness and enhance career opportunities for our students through coaching and mentoring.
- To educate students and Brescia alum about the career development, planning, and implementation process (to include job search skills and techniques) and to connect them directly to internship and employment opportunities.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Assistance
- Interview Techniques and Mock Interviews
- Career Counseling
- Internship Exploration and Placement
- Professional Development Resources
- Graduate School Information
- Career Workshops and Career Fairs
- Job Board with Active Employment Listings
- Network Opportunities with BU Alum and members from the Owensboro Business Community
Here you will find links for Graduate School programs, information about internship, part-time, and full-time employment opportunities, and information about local and national volunteer organizations. To view this page, please click on the link above!
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest events on campus, and know when new jobs or internship opportunities are available.
- Getting involved in clubs and organizations is a fantastic way to learn about areas you may be interested in and can open up the door for leadership opportunities which look fantastic on resumes! If you are interested in joining a club or organization on campus, I encourage you to stop by at the Campus Involvement Fair taking place Thursday, September 3rd, from 11-12:30 in the Campus Center Quad! There will also be free food and a chance to win a WalMart gift card!
- Are you a student interested in Business or have an idea for your own small company? CO.STARTERS is coming back to Brescia and we are currently accepting applications for our Fall 2015 cohort! CO.STARTERS is an interactive, hands-on workshop style platform designed to help grow local business and develop rising student and professional leaders in our community! This 7-week program comes to Brescia University as part of a partnership with the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation and the Kentucky Innovation Network and we are now accepting application for our Fall cohort! Students and professionals alike are invited to take part in this unique opportunity to learn from leaders in the industry, network with peers and colleagues, and gain practical skills to boost or kick start your small business plan! Tuition for this course is covered by the University for students and Brescia alum. Space is limited, so sign up today! Our first class begins on Tuesday, September 15, 2015. Classes will meet on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-7 p.m. at Brescia University, in the Campus Center Boardroom, 2nd Floor
For more information please visit: www.brescia.edu/co-starters the Brescia Career Services Office!
- Looking for a Job? The Western Kentucky and Southwest Indiana College and Career Expo is coming to Owensboro on Sunday, September 27th from 1-4pm at the Owensboro Convention Center. This event is FREE to students, and will host dozens of employers from all around Owensboro and surrounding counties.
- Calling all Juniors and Seniors! Grad Fair is coming to Brescia this Fall! We will be hosting our annual Graduate School Fair on Thursday, October 22nd from 11am-2pm, in the lobby of the Campus Center.
- Considering Law School? Law School Day will be held the on Wednesday, October 21st. For more information please contact Dr. Allen Gehring.
Contact the Office:
Director of Career Services
158 Administration Building