The Career Services Office at Brescia University, as part of the Student Development team, is dedicated to providing students with resources and opportunities to enhance their career exploration and development through self-evaluation, networking, mentoring and decision-making. Specific efforts providing continuous and individualized support to students with undecided majors and maximizing student internship and practical experiences in order to prepare each student to be successful following graduation in their careers
We have two main goals!
- To collaborate with colleagues, administrators, faculty, alumni, agencies, employers both inside and outside of the Owensboro community on projects that increase career awareness and enhance career opportunities for our students through coaching and mentoring.
- To educate students and Brescia alum about the career development, planning, and implementation process (to include job search skills and techniques) and to connect them directly to internship and employment opportunities.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Assistance
- Interview Techniques and Mock Interviews
- Career Counseling
- Internship Exploration and Placement
- Professional Development Resources
- Graduate School Information
- Career Workshops and Career Fairs
- Job Board with Active Employment Listings
- Network Opportunities with BU Alum and members from the Owensboro Business Community
Here you will find links for Graduate School programs, information about internship, part-time, and full-time employment opportunities, and information about local and national volunteer organizations. To view this page, please click on the link above!
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest events on campus, and know when new jobs or internship opportunities are available.
- Looking for a Job? The Western Kentucky and Southwest Indiana College and Career Expo is coming to Owensboro on Sunday, September 27th from 1-4pm at the Owensboro Convention Center. This event is FREE to students, and will host dozens of employers from all around Owensboro and surrounding counties.
- Calling all Juniors and Seniors! Grad Fair is coming to Brescia this Fall! We will be hosting our annual Graduate School Fair on Thursday, October 22nd from 11am-2pm, location TBA.
- Considering Law School? Law School Day will be held the following day, on Wednesday, October 21st. For more information please contact Dr. Allen Gehring.
Contact the Office:
Director of Career Services
158 Administration Building