The Career Services Office at Brescia University, as part of the Student Development team, is dedicated to providing students with resources and opportunities to enhance their career exploration and development through self-evaluation, networking, mentoring and decision-making. Specific efforts providing continuous and individualized support to students with undecided majors and maximizing student internship and practical experiences in order to prepare each student to be successful following graduation in their careers
We have two main goals!
- To collaborate with colleagues, administrators, faculty, alumni, agencies, employers both inside and outside of the Owensboro community on projects that increase career awareness and enhance career opportunities for our students through coaching and mentoring.
- To educate students and Brescia alum about the career development, planning, and implementation process (to include job search skills and techniques) and to connect them directly to internship and employment opportunities.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Assistance
- Interview Techniques and Mock Interviews
- Career Counseling
- Internship Exploration and Placement
- Professional Development Resources
- Graduate School Information
- Career Workshops and Career Fairs
- Job Board with Active Employment Listings
- Network Opportunities with BU Alum and members from the Owensboro Business Community
Here you will find links for Graduate School programs, information about internship, part-time, and full-time employment opportunities, and information about local and national volunteer organizations. To view this page, please click on the link above!
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest events on campus, and know when new jobs or internship opportunities are available.
- Ready to pursue an internship for the upcoming Fall 2016 semester? The time to begin that process is NOW! Please get with your academic advisor and faculty sponsor as soon as possible. When you are ready to begin your paperwork, or if you need help finding an internship site, please contact the Career Services office! You have a little over a month to get this completed.
DEADLINE FOR INTERNSHIP PAPERWORK TO BE SUBMITTED FOR FINAL APPROVAL IS FRIDAY, APRIL 29TH
Contact the Office:
Director of Career Services
158 Administration Building