The Brescia University Alumni Mentor Program is all about the power of relationships. It brings together successful Brescia alumni with current students who want to work in the same field as you!
Through the program, you have the opportunity to share the knowledge and experience gained from your Brescia and professional experiences to positively impact a student who has just started their journey.
How does mentorship work?
As an Alumni Mentor, you are a volunteer who supports the personal growth, professional development, and academic success of any new and/or current Brescia students by:
- Actively communicating with mentee(s) for a minimum of 5 sessions per academic year. From there, you and the mentee(s) can determine how you would like the relationship to evolve.
- Participating in monthly program meetings when possible.
- Developing with mentee(s) at least three SMART goals within the areas of personal growth, professional development and academic success.
Mentors are encouraged to interact with mentee(s) monthly and are asked to respond to mentees within one business week. Ultimately, the goal is to create a working relationship and schedule that works for everyone.
What do mentors share with students?
It’s important to be open to sharing the hard-earned knowledge and insight that you’ve acquired because students want to learn from you. Each mentorship will be a unique experience; discussing different topics, questions and goals. Mentors will partner with students to understand their individual needs and discuss steps they can take that support their challenges and goals.
What can mentors gain from the program?
Being a resource for students during their academic journey can be a rewarding experience. Mentors have the opportunity to network and practice their active listening, coaching and motivational skills.
What are the requirements?
Alumni must meet the following requirements to be considered for the mentor role:
- Completed a minimum of 48 credit hours at Brescia University
- Finished with at least a 2.8 GPA
- Have three or more years in relevant work experience
- Submit the Alumni Mentor Program application below expressing interest in the opportunity
If you’re interested in being a mentor and meet the requirements, please submit the application form below. Alumni mentors are paired based on student participation. Program questions should be sent to [email protected]
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer and share your experience! Once the Alumni Office processes your application, we’ll be in touch!