Alphabetical List of Databases
- Full-text database. It includes in-depth coverage for over 3,000 publications, with more than 2,000 available in full text. ABI/INFORM Global offers the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels. With ABI/INFORM Global, users can find out about business conditions, management techniques, business trends, management practice and theory, corporate strategy and tactics, and competitive landscape.
Academic Search Premiere (EbscoHost)
- This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
ACLS Humanities EBooks
- A collection of eBooks in the History and Humanities areas.
AGRICOLA– U.S. National Agricultural Library (EbscoHost)
- Compiled by the U.S. National Agricultural Library, AGRICOLA is a comprehensive source of bibliographic citations in agriculture and life sciences.
Alt-Press Watch (ProQuest)
- A full text database comprised of around 200 publications newspapers, magazines and journals of the alternative and independent press.
Arts Module (ProQuest)
- Search periodicals on subjects such as arts, dance, theater, cinema and more. Nearly 100 full-text titles.
- Provides thousands of short, easy-to-understand tutorial movies and resources that can be used as an integral part of a professional development program, a valuable curriculum supplement, an anytime/anywhere software training resource, or as a helpdesk resource.
Biography Reference Bank (EbscoHost)
- Contains biographical information on a large number of individuals from antiquity to the present.
- Biographies represent all fields and nationalities.
- Covers over 500,000 people and includes over 36,000 images.
- Online version of the Encyclopedia Britannica
Business Module (ProQuest)
- Full-text database: search all business titles on subjects such as economics, personal finance, marketing and more
Business Source Premier (EbscoHost)
- The Business Source Premier full-text database is a comprehensive, business periodical database that includes scholarly journals and business periodicals covering topics such as management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and much more. This database provides full text for more than 2,300 journals, including over 1,100 peer-reviewed titles.
Career & Technical Education (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: The Arts (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: Business (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: Health & Medicine (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: History (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: Literature & Language (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: Science & Technology (ProQuest)
Career & Technical Education: Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Career and Technical Education is a full-text database that can be used to research virtually any vocational/technical topic, including technology, healthcare, building trades, auto mechanics, sales and retail, accounting, graphic design, photography, and nursing.
- Includes over 470 full text titles.
- CINAHL, the Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature, covers over 3,000 professional journals in nursing, 17 allied health disciplines, and health sciences librarianship, with coverage as far back as 1982. In addition, CINAHL offers access to healthcare books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software in nursing, audiovisuals, and book chapters.
- Full text material includes 70 journals plus legal cases, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials.
CINAHL with Full Text (EbscoHost)
- CINAHL with Full Text is the world’s most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 610 journals indexed in CINAHL. With full text coverage dating back to 1982 and no embargo, CINAHL with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
Consumer Health Complete (EbscoHost)
- Consumer Health Complete provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children’s health, men & women’s health, etc.
Contemporary Literary Criticism (Gale)
- An extensive collection of critical essays on contemporary authors. Each entry contains a biographical/critical introduction, listing of principal works and sources for further study.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date political, economic, cultural, business and environmental information
eBook Collection (EbscoHost)
- Provides full text for thousands of up-to-date reference, scholarly, and professional books in all subject areas.
Encyclopedia Americana (Grolier)
- Encyclopedia Americana provides online access to this popular resource from Grolier, a standard in school, public, and academic libraries.
- Contains citations and abstracts from over 1,000 educational and education-related journals, as well as full text of more than 2,200 digests
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1.3 million records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966.
FirstSearch WorldCat (OCLC)
- Offers millions of records for books found in library catalogs throughout the world.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EbscoHost)
- For students and adults alike, the Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedia database indexes over 25,000 records. It’s easy to access the full text for each record by double clicking on the topic from the display. This database is updated annually.
- Database that includes Contemporary Literary Criticism and the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
Gale Virtual Reference Library (Gale)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7.
- GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia (Grolier)
- A popular Grolier resource, the Academic American Encyclopedia, has been made available online as the Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Provides online encyclopedia and reference sources, including Encyclopedia Americana, Grolier Multi-media Encyclopedia, and the New Book of Knowledge
Health (Salem Press)
- Contains essays on all aspects of infectious diseases, including pathogens and pathogenicity, transmission, the immune system, vaccines, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, drug resistance, epidemiology, history, organizations, research, and social concerns such as aging, poverty and disease, children and disease, stress, quarantine, and bioterrorism
Health & Medicine Module (ProQuest)
- In this full-text database you can search health related titles for information on physical or mental health. Includes coverage of medical science and conditions, substance abuse, insurance, nursing, allied health, public health and pharmacology.
Health Source: Consumer Edition (EbscoHost)
- Health Source: Consumer Edition offers a resource for finding authoritative information on health-related questions specifically geared to the general public. There are nearly 80 full-text journals in this database, along with more than 1,000 health-related pamphlets and 130 health reference books.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EbscoHost)
- Provides more than 550 scholarly full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong.
- Primary sources containing documents ranging from presidential speeches, international agreements, and Supreme Court decisions to U.S. governmental reports, scientific findings, and cultural discussions.
History (Salem Press)
- Covers Milestone Documents in American History and American Leaders, Milestone Documents in World Religions, Great Events from History and Great Lives from History.
History Module (ProQuest)
- This full-text database searches all history titles for subjects such as civilizations, historical studies, military history, periods & events, US history and world history.
- Journals in these collections are always included from volume 1, issue 1 and include previous and related titles. The most recently published issues (past 3-5 years) are not available. All journals are full-text.
- Arts & Sciences I includes core journals in economics, history, political science, and sociology, as well as in other key fields in the humanities and social sciences. This collection also contains titles in ecology, mathematics, and statistics. Overall, there are 119 titles in fifteen disciplines.
- Biological Sciences Collection brings together the 29 journals available in our existing Ecology & Botany Collection with more than 100 titles that span the sciences. The collection is particularly strong in ecology and evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
Kentuckiana Digital Library (KYVL)
- Full text of a large number of diaries, letters, and transcripts of oral interviews are accessible through this database
- Web edition of the print encyclopedia
Kentucky Virtual Library (KYVL)
- · KYVL offers electronic databases (7,000+ full-text journals), library catalogs, self-paced How To Do Research tutorial, digitized Kentucky historical materials, and Kentucky Statistics.
Library Information Science and Technology Abstracts (EbscoHost)
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstract (LISTA) indexes more than 600 periodicals, plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
Literary Reference Center (EbscoHost)
- Literary Reference Center is a comprehensive database that combines information from over 1,000 books and monographs, major literary encyclopedias and reference works, hundreds of literary journals, and unique sources not available anywhere else.
Literature (Salem Press)
- covers fiction, poetry, Magill’s Literary Annuals (1977-2010), and masterplot editions of Salem Press
Literature and Language Module (ProQuest)
- This full-text database searches all literature and language titles for subjects such as English, American Literature, World Literatures and Linguistics.
MAS Ultra — School Edition (EbscoHost)
- Edition provides full text from nearly 500 periodicals covering general reference, health, science, and other areas. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for 600 magazines.
- MAS Ultra also provides more than 350 full text reference books, over 84,000 biographies, and more than 100,000 primary documents.
MasterFILE Premier (EbscoHost)
- MasterFILE Premier provides full text for nearly 1,700 general reference, business, consumer health, general science, and multi-cultural periodicals.
- Corresponds to the print indexes Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing Index.
- Includes substantial abstracts from over 5,400 current biomedical journals.
Middle Search Plus (EbscoHost)
- Middle Search Plus provides full text from over 140 general reference, health and science magazines.
Military and Government Collection (EbscoHost)
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites. The Military & Government Collection provides cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for nearly 400 titles.
New Book of Knowledge (Grolier Online)
- Reference and Current Events for Elementary Readers and Up.
- Easy to search and easy to use, The New Book of Knowledge online is the cool site with serious information for young students who are learning to use online resources for research.
New York Times (ProQuest)
- Includes full text New York Times from 1980 to present, New York Times Magazine and New York Times Book Review.
Newspaper Source (EbscoHost)
- Newspaper Source provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 (U.S.) & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
- Read-alike lists include a brief discussion of why people enjoy an author and a listing of other authors who write just like the one you enjoy.
- Contains Catholic documents ranging from encyclicals, speeches and other papal messages to pastoral letters by the bishops; from diocesan policy statements to current research to speeches in the news on public policy, liturgy, social justice, the parish, the family, ministries and much more.
Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- A comprehensive resource for the study of the Bible and biblical history.
Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Reference Online: The Premium Collection comprises well over one million dictionary definitions, facts, figures, people, places, sayings, and dates from 100 of Oxford’s central English and bilingual dictionaries, usage, quotations, and subject reference books all combined to create one integrated knowledge resource.
Primary Search (EbscoHost)
- Primary Search provides full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research.
Professional Development Collection (EbscoHost)
- The Professional Development Collection provides a highly specialized collection of electronic information especially for professional educators. This collection offers information on everything from children’s health and development to cutting-edge pedagogical theory and practice. The Professional Development Collection includes full text for nearly 520 journals covering the most current topics in the field of education.
- This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EbscoHost)
- The Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection covers information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Included is the full-text from nearly 400 full-text journals.
- Contains nearly 2.3 million citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations and technical reports, all in the field of psychology. Journal coverage, which dates back to the 1800s, includes international material selected from more than 1,700 periodicals in over 25 languages.
Regional Business News (EbscoHost)
- This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of more than 80 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
Religion and Philosophy Collection (EbscoHost)
- The Religion & Philosophy Collection is a comprehensive database covering such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. Included is the full text from over 300 journals.
Religion Module (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Religion presently has more than 150 journals, most available with full-text. The content is full-text, scholarly, and designed to meet the needs of both religious studies programs and general library collections.
Research Library (ProQuest)
- Search the core for basic coverage of all subject areas including: arts, business, children, education, general interest, health, humanities, international, law, military, multicultural, psychology, sciences, social sciences, and women’s interests. This core list of periodicals covers about 800 publications and is augmented by 15 subject specific modules.
Science & Technology Module (ProQuest)
- This full-text database searches all sciences titles on subjects such as agriculture, biology, chemistry, computers, engineering, physics and more.
- World’s leading outlet for scientific news, commentary, and cutting-edge research.
Small Business Reference Center (EbscoHost)
- The Small Business Reference Center gives provides up to date information on relevant topics from starting a company, operations management and sales to growing or rescuing a business. The database contains nearly 400 full-text periodicals and over 450 full-text reference books.
Sociological Collection (EbscoHost)
- Comprehensive database with more than 500 full text titles. This database provides information on all areas of sociology, including social behavior, human tendencies, interaction, relationships, community development, culture and social structure
Social Sciences Module (ProQuest)
- Search the social science titles on subjects such as anthropology, culture, criminology, political science, social welfare, urban development and more.
Teacher Reference Center (EbscoHost)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 275 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- A current events database that allows the user to explore social, political, and economic issues and other popular topics discussed in classrooms,.
- TOPICsearch contains full text for over 150,000 articles from 475 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO’s unparalleled collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
VAST: Academic Video Online
- Multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department.
Wall Street Journal (ProQuest)
- Comprehensive coverage back to 1984 is available from the world’s leading financial newspaper
World News Digest
- Facts on File delivers the complete full-text of the authoritative Facts On File World News Digest since January 1940, updated every week. It also provides information from six other core reference databases. Half a million internal hyperlinks interconnects related stories.
Request an interlibrary loan for books and articles not available in our own library!